Dublin, Nov 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Global Mergers and Acquisitions in Personal Protective Equipment Growth Opportunities” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The report is divided into acquisitions of manufacturers, acquisitions of distributors, and acquisitions of private equity firms. Along with the analysis of acquisitions, separate case studies were provided for a few large companies.
Obtaining an international footprint has been a factor in the growth of M&A activity in recent years. For example, MSA Safety acquired Bristol Uniforms to strengthen its presence in Europe and complement its existing portfolio of protective clothing since the acquisition of Globe Manufacturing in 2017. Likewise, Uvex Safety acquired a majority stake in HexArmor in 2021 to strengthen its presence in North America.
End-users’ preference to source all of their PPE needs from a single source has pushed PPE manufacturers to opt for broad portfolio acquisitions and become one-stop-shops for consumers. For example, the acquisition of Paramount Safety by PIP in 2021 enhanced its product portfolio in the Oceania region and made it a full head-to-toe supplier of PPE.
In the competitive PPE industry, product differentiation is often seen as the distinguishing factor of mergers and acquisitions. For example, the acquisition of ERB Safety by Delta Plus in 2020 not only improved its product portfolio, but also gave it an advantage in terms of product differentiation through women-specific PPE.
The largest PPE distributors have actively engaged in mergers and acquisitions and achieved vertical integration by improving manufacturing capabilities. For example, Bunzl acquired MCR Safety, Body Guard workwear, and Liberty Glove & Safety between 2019 and 2021 to enhance its manufacturing capabilities in North America.
PPE manufacturers are keen to acquire companies and brands to enhance their existing portfolios. For example, Rocky Brands consolidated its protective footwear portfolio and market share by acquiring the Original Muck Boot Company, XTRATUF, Servus, NEOS and Ranger brands from Honeywell in 2021. Likewise, SureWerx strengthened its existing presence in Welding protective helmets by acquiring Jackson Safety and Marques Wilson from Kimberly Clark Professional (KCP) in 2018.
Regulatory standards are becoming strict due to increased risks in industries and this should be one of the main reasons why manufacturers are looking for acquisitions for product development and improving the safety offering.
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed vulnerabilities in the highly fragmented distribution system. Distributors with weak ERP systems, inefficient digital channel implementation, and uninformed facilities have suffered, allowing larger distributors to acquire them and increase their reach.
Major consolidations in the PPE distribution channel include the acquisition by Descours & Cabaud (MRO) of Van Ommeren in the Netherlands, Sintimex in Portugal and Nolle Nordhorn Germany in 2020. Likewise, Rubix (MRO) acquired Lerbs Gruppe to establish its presence in Germany.
Main topics covered:
1. Strategic imperatives
- Why is it more and more difficult to grow taller?
- The strategic imperative
- The impact of the three main strategic imperatives on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the personal protective equipment (PPE) industry
- Growth opportunities fuel the engine of the growth pipeline
2. Overview of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Industry
- Market introduction of personal protective equipment
- Scope of research
- Growth engines for mergers and acquisitions in the PPE industry
- Growth Constraints for Mergers and Acquisitions in the PPE Industry
- Merger and acquisition process
- Key trends in mergers and acquisitions in PPE
3. Analysis of growth opportunities, merger and acquisition (M&A) prospects in the personal protective equipment (PPE) sector
- Key points to remember, analysis of mergers and acquisitions in the PPE market
4. Notable transactions at manufacturers
- Summary of manufacturers’ transactions
- Notable Manufacturer Transactions
5. Notable transactions with distributors
- Summary of Distributor Transactions
- Notable transactions with distributors
6. Notable transactions of private equity firms
- Summary of Private Equity Firm Transactions
- Notable transactions of private equity firms
7. Notable Transaction Profiles – Case Study 1: Bunzl
- Bunzl mergers and acquisitions in the PPE sector, 2017-2021
- Bunzl significant mergers and acquisitions
- Total expenditure on Bunzl acquisition
- Bunzl mergers and acquisitions analysis
8. Case study 2: Delta Plus
- Delta Plus mergers and acquisitions in the PPE sector, 2017-2021
- Significant Mergers and Acquisitions of Delta Plus
- Delta Plus M&A Analysis
9. Case study 3: Halma
- Mergers and acquisitions of Halma in the PPE industry
- Halma merger and acquisition analysis
10. Case Study 4: MSA Security
- Mergers and acquisitions of MSA Safety in the PPE sector
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions of MSA Safety
11. Case study 5: Industrial protection products (PIP)
- Acquisitions of industrial protection products (PIP) in the PPE industry, 2017-2021
- Private Equity Company Owned by PIP
- PIP’s Significant Mergers and Acquisitions in the PPE Industry
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions of industrial protection products (PIP)
12. Case study 6: Safety footwear company Saf-Gard
- Mergers and acquisitions of Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Company in the PPE sector
- Merger and Acquisition Analysis of Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Company
13. Case Study 7: SureWerx
- SureWerx mergers and acquisitions in the PPE sector
- SureWerx M&A Analysis
14. Universe of growth opportunities, mergers and acquisitions in the PPE industry
- Growth Opportunity 1 – Opportunity for a private equity firm to prepare for acquisitions in the lucrative PPE industry
- Growth Opportunity 2 – Healthcare PPE Acquisitions to Help Manufacturers / Distributors Stay afloat in the Competitive Market
- Growth Opportunity 3 – Increased focus on connectivity and remote monitoring technology to drive the need for acquisitions
- Bodyguard Work clothes
- Bristol Uniforms
- RC Security
- Delta Plus
- Descours & Cabaud
- ERB security
- Making globes
- Hex Armor
- Jackson Security
- Kimberly Clark Professional (KCP)
- Lerbs Group
- Liberty & Safety glove
- MSA Security
- Nolle Nordhorn
- Original Muck Boot Company
- Safety paramount
- Industrial Protection Products (PIP)
- Rocky Marks
- Rubix (MRO)
- Saf-Gard safety shoe company
- Uvex security
- Van Ommeren
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a1pomb